Friday, September 18, 2009

Fitness Log #7

A few days ago, I heard news that there was going to be a yoga/pilates/taichi session here at the office that was going to be instructed by a colleague of ours. While I have tried out a few sessions of such a class at my gym, it has been quite a while since I did any sort of stretching/balance routine I decided to join them.


I already knew that my flexibility and balance needed improving but this class reminded me of it. I was sweating and shaking through most of the poses and routines. At certain points I was actually just using my strength to get me through the tracks instead of focusing on the stretch and balance. Now my right oblique is a little sore, and my knee feeling weird from the stretches and poses. And I will still be continuing the Stronglifts 5x5 program later today... good luck to me.

In any case, I still plan to continue attending the classes as long as it is on offer (hey, its free and it fits my schedule). It should help me in the 5x5 program and my overall fitness. Strength, flexibility and milk... its the way to go.

0 comments: