Thursday, September 10, 2009

Fitness Log #1: Day 1

They say that a fitness log will keep you on the chosen path of fitness, and after searching the internet on the effectivity of the Stronglifts 5x5 program I must say I am impressed. Therefore I introduce you to my Fitness Log series.


You should expect the following details everytime I post one:
1. Done after every workout or physical activity.
2. Details of workout
- Includes sets, reps, weights
3. Diet
- Highlights on food intake only (number of times and approximate volume)
4. Should include pictures. Front, back and side.
- Done as soon as I wake up every morning of every workout day (for consistency)
- No flexing of muscles. Standing tall (ie chest out a little)
5. Thoughts on any of the above item

These should give me no excuses in deviating from the "Plan" and the "Goal".

So let's get started! Unfortunately I am starting late, so no pictures yet just details and thoughts.

Day 1: Sept 3, 2009
Pseudo start to 5x5. It was actually a leg day workout from my previous program but performed full squats and deadlifts as per 5x5 requirements.

Squats - Forgot the sets and reps, but went deeper that I normally did. Last set was 60kgs partial squats (but deeper than 'normal') at approximately 8 reps
Deadlifts - Last set was 50 (or 60) kgs at 6 reps
Leg Press - 12@100kgs, 10@140kgs, 10@160kgs
Box jumps - 12@18inches. Sample for Jason/Manny only
Chin-ups/Pull-ups - Bodyweight only. Showed Jason tecnique and proper spotting only.

Initial though was it was not a good workout. Ivan, Jason, Topeng, Daryl, Manny and I were rotating on the squats and deadlifts part. Took too much time with not enough lifting. Got a good feeling during the leg press, hence the increasing weights. Had a decent pump after the chin/pull-ups session though.

Legs felt beat for the next few days, therefore deciding to do Stronglifts 5x5 using full squats and concentrating on form rather than weight.

0 comments: