Monday, August 08, 2005

upload galore

As I was browsing the net and reading through some of the forums I frequent, I discovered a great website. Check out www.putfile.com or www.putphoto.com.

I've been looking for a free photo web hosting site that could hold a whole bunch of my pictures, which are more often than not more than 500kb in size. Yahoo photos worked for a while but the quality of the pictures are somewhat compromised. And you only have 30MB of space, so what happens is that you "rotate" the pictures/albums you may be able to post.

I wanted something more like an internet hard drive. I know the web real estate is expensive and I am not willing to spend however a small amount just to post my pictures. My photos are not of studio or print quality, their just for friends and personal use.

The website is pretty nifty. No limit on the size or number of photos, no limit on the bandwidth, its free, and you can upload photos in a number of ways. Via the website or via Windows XP's web publishing wizard. Pretty cool!

Check out my albums -> www.putphoto.com/vistan

0 comments: