Wednesday, August 17, 2005

into the eyes of the beholder

We had a senior manager of my company visiting for a couple of days here on site and invited us to dinner with the IT and project manager of our client. Before proceeding to dinner he wanted to do some shopping for his kids and wife, and as all westerners do when they go to a third world country (I suppose) is to buy some pirated CDs (I think it should be paraphrased as low-cost alternative CDs to be politically correct). Needless to say is that he got a whole bunch of music CDs, DVDs and some software CDs (I couldn't resist getting a couple hehehe).

The area we went to was pretty nice. Nice in the sense that it was "local", not the commercialized malls we city-folk are used to, but more of a bazaar type of thing. A whole lot of traffic buzzing around: people, cars, bikes, buses, and I don't remember seeing a donkey though. The streets were loittered with people selling all kinds of stuff: food, clothes, bags, rugs, scarves, the whole nine yards. Kinda reminds me of the old Divisoria back home.

With all these people going about their business I noticed one girl as we walked towards the CD shop area. It's weird since she was wearing one of those traditional black Arab dresses where you can only see their eyes and I have seen a whole lot of women wearing this. But I was really caught by her eyes, although I only looked into them for at most a couple of seconds. It was beautiful!

I don't know why, maybe because she had on some eyeliner that accented her eyes wonderfully or that by looking just at that area of her face you tend to notice the elegance of flow from the eyes to the bridge of the nose and the cheekbone barely showing from the edge of the cover of her face.

I was two feet away, and could have extended my hand and say "Hi, I'm Allan. Why deprive everyone the sight of your face yet tease them with your eyes?".

That is, assuming she really is beaufiful... hahaha!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

wohoo! nice line. kaya ka hinahabol eh hahaha.:D

socs said...

Reminds me of that Nat Geo special where one photographer went back to ..Afghanistan, I think .. to look for the girl he took a photo of (and whose photo landed on the cover of Nat Geo). The girl (and the original photo) was unforgettable (for him and for Nat Geo readers, I guess. Unfortunately I dont subscribe) because she had such beautiful and haunting eyes. No eyeliner or any other eye make up at that.

Hence, the whole expedition was to search for the girl with the unforgettably haunting (and I think they were green) eyes.

vistan said...

socs, yup I was thinking the same thing. I think I even have that magazine at home.

yeng, FYI matagal ko nang hindi na-practice yung mga ganyang lines noh :P

socs said...

ngayon ko lang napasin! "hahaha" instead of "hehehe"

:p