Tuesday, August 23, 2005

last 100 meters

I am leaving Karachi in a few days time and I am being swamped with work.

In a perfect, normal world the developers here would create their programs and send it to me for review/approval. Of course during this process I would have to answer tons of questions and provide some level of support. However, all I ever did was answer questions and provide tips to developers. I only received a couple of programs to review as of yesterday.

And today they start flooding me with requests to review their work AND answer questions at the same time. Not that I don't wan't to help out but some of their questions are either absolutely ridiculous and makes you wonder how they became programmers, or have been answered previously... multiple times over, and asked the first time I was here.

Mind you I am leaving in a few days, and we have always been saying that my time here will only be a total of 2 months. Allan will be here for 30 days. Allan will be here until next week. Allan will be here until Sunday.

Now they start piling the work on me, talk about a bad case of cramming mentality.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i say you trade those programmers for indian programmers just like in the indian tank incident!

if not, shoot them.

socs said...

OR

tell them that the Philippine Embassy has caught wind of your exposure to absurdly bizarre questions and they insisted that you head home immediately...

and then of course you'll just fly off somewhere else to kill time.

but then an extremely caring Philippine embassy only exist in a "perfect, normal" world.

tough luck.

vistan said...

yeah... good thing the Pakistan embassy only gave me a single entry visa for 30 days!

ha! in their face!