Monday, July 04, 2005

The way guys shop...

My Sunday afternoons are usually reserved for wargames and this weekend was no exception. But it ended up to be a pretty jampacked day.

The night before, my dad asked me to drive him to the mall so that he could buy himself an iPod. Apparantly there was a promo for a free iTrip for every purchase of a 20Gb iPod. So there we were looking for a shop that still had the iPod and the iTrip in stock. After buying the iPod, he was a bit set on buying an iPod dock. We saw a JBL dock in the same store, but were not able to listen to it, as they had some issues putting music on our iPod.

While having lunch, he was still itching about getting a dock for his iPod and we ended up talking about the Bose SoundDock. We decided to take a look at it after lunch. So off we went, and luckily there was a sample SoundDock playing in the store and we were able to listen to it as soon as we entered. The sound quality was great but we were still unsure about getting it right then and there, so the salesman (perhaps as part of his sales routine) invited us to listen to the home theater set-up. This we did while still thinking about that SoundDock. Well, to cut things short we were trully impressed by the sound quality of the HTS and the technology we will be buying that my dad just said "I'm convinced, I'll get that SoundDock".

Simple and pretty straight forward. He had the money. He basically new what he wanted, did some research from the available sources he had, went to the store and bought the damned thing.

My mom on the other hand (who also bought a new phone) went to the store I think 3 times during the time we were looking for the iPod. My dad and I even had to wait for 10 minutes in a restaurant before she bought her phone. Hehehe

0 comments: