Monday, July 18, 2005

AAR - Semper Fi game

I went to get "Michelle" from the gunsmith and we were able to put her back together. We finished at around 8:40pm and I was a bit embarrassed as her wife was in the shop waiting for us to finish.

I went home and packed my gear, getting psyched up for the trip to Pampanga. After packing, I tried to do a "McGyver" on my red dot. This was somewhat a complete waste of time and effort, with me ending up with tying the loose connection with a strip of leather. I need to take my time with this one and wrack my brain for some creative ways to get this fixed.

As I took a quick check of my M4, I noticed that the butt stock was not aligned. Again, some "McGyver" work and it was all ok.

The gamesite was great! All jungle terrain! I was really looking forward to getting into the thick of things here.

a walkthrough of the gamesite Posted by Picasa


All I can say is that "war is hell". My goggles really fogged up during most of the day and I couldn't see shit. At one point the enemy camp was around 20 meters away, and I thought it was around 40! And one of the dual thermal lenses of the goggles was peeling what I would think to be the anti-fog sheet.

I also noticed that my gun was misfeeding somehow. It seems my work on the stock wasn't too effective, although I think I fixed it last night.

Overall, I am still not battle ready. I'm hoping to get my stint in Pakistan over soon so I can concentrate on getting things set here.

1 comments:

socs said...

mag c comment sana ko, pero hindi ko talaga maintindihan e :(

eniwei, good luck na lang kay michelle....or is it "get well soon"? hindi ko alam kung ok na sya o hindi e.

*confused*