Tuesday, July 05, 2005

addicted to war

Due to my international assignment last month, I missed out on 4 weeks without war. Ironic I know, me in Pakistan for 4 weeks without getting a taste of war. It's not just not being able to play, but also being far apart from my war gear.

You might think of it as weird, but it's true. Day in, day out... all I think of is war and worrying about "Michelle" (my M4A1), thinking about the accessories and gear that I want/need. Notice the new addition of the Wishlist section in my blog? All war stuff hehehe.

I was counting the days I get back home so that I can play wargames. I wasn't in Manila for 24 hours I was with my war buddies holding my gun in my arms and talking about airsoft stuff. We even had a few hours of playing network games (Battlefield 2 rocks!). I was truly home.

A few days later, I took time off work to go to an airsoft shop (see my previous post). Plus a few more hours of network gaming the night before the big game at Masada.

On the way to Masada last Sunday, I was held up by an accident along the way. I was pissed! I was already late and it seemed that it would take me forever to get to the gamesite. I almost came to the point of swearing and shouting at the guys for their stupidity and holding the flow of traffic up.

Finally I got to the gamesite and my first taste of war in what seemed like forever...

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

your intent to charge into the enemy fortified defenses was courageous indeed.

next time, i'll join you in the charge. and we can die together fighting valiantly!