Thursday, October 20, 2005

of aches and pains

My body is in the shit. I think this is the worse condition my body is in. As I previously mentioned, my right knee is busted. Although I have been able to live with it for around a year now (maybe even more) it seems to be getting worse.

I’ve recently been having lower back pains, particularly on my right hand side. My right shoulder is also feeling a bit stiff and numb, but I think (hope) this isn’t related to the aches and pains in my lower body. My butt, especially the right cheek, feels as if it is always flexing (yes, the butt is a muscle… remember gluteus maximus?) and I have to consciously relax it at times. Then there’s my knee, which feels funny as if it can snap anytime. My ankle also seems to be taking a beating, since it is taking some of the load off my knee.

So basically it’s the right side of my body that’s in the shit-hole. Everything feels stiff and overworked. This is why I feel tired most of the time, even after 8 hours of sleep. My mobility is hindered a bit. My stability, especially felt when doing precise motor movements (like taking a picture, holding something steady for long periods of time) is also being affected. And anything that would place most of my joints with more than my body weight needs extra effort and energy, which I am already lacking.

I sometimes think that I go into a trance when walking long distances or standing for some time without rest (ie, sitting or lying down). I really need to see a doctor soon, and that time will be probably mid-next week.

For now I am a casualty of war (I recently found out that a casualty of war means anybody sidelined and not be able to go to the front lines, either via death or injuries).

0 comments: