Thursday, October 20, 2005

it was not my time

My friends and I had another round of poker last night at my house. We had an initial buy-in of 250 pesos (some were not too keen on losing too much money hehehe). It has been quite some time since I have played poker so I was a bit rusty and the guys I was playing with had more playing time. I knew I was the under dog so I decided to play hard ball as soon as I got a relatively decent hand. I went all in... but came up empty. Darnit!

It was still too early in the game (and the night) so I decided to buy myself in again. I was now down by 500 pesos. This round was going better, I was able to get the money back. But alas, lady luck left my side and I ended up losing it all. Jonas on the other hand seemed to be on a roll, starting from nearly down and out to getting most of the winnings!

We decided to have another round, a new buy-in. 750 pesos.

It was a great round with the chip lead passing all around the table. Novis beat me in a great round of betting. Jonas, the lucky bastard, again had a roller coaster ride in terms of chips. He ended up being the sole winner of the night... 1,500 bucks! With Novis coming in second with a break even night. Sheryl, David and Dale each lost 250 pesos. And as for me, the "house" lost big time.

But only in monetary terms. We had a great night of poker and catching up with friends. We are already looking forward to having more dinners, poker nights and getting pissed-out drunk drinking session.

It was nice to be back. A bonus was that Jonas brought along a weapons-mounted night vision scope! Hehehe

NVG samplePosted by Hello

0 comments: