Sunday, October 16, 2005

back!

Finally, I am back home indefinitely after all the drama with regards to my visa in Singapore. Someone will be replacing me in the project after a week so I won’t be leaving the country anytime soon (I think).

Anyway, funny thing is that I was almost left behind by the plane. I was already in the airport with my baggage checked in well before my flight departure time (something like 3 hours). So I decided to roam around the airport and grab a couple of Corona’s at the bar, I also made a few phone calls since I hade a little less than 50 SGD worth of calls on my prepaid card. Then I decided to buy a few items in the duty free shops since I had some local currency left, by this time I had 45 mins left before my flight thinking I still had time on my hands.

After a few minutes of roaming around, I looked at one of the flight information screens I saw that my flight indicated a status of “Gate Closing”! I nearly panicked! I had 30 mins left till flight time and they were closing the gates! I was quite a long way from my gate so I ran pushing my baggage cart hoping, wishing I wouldn’t get left behind. Mind you I already had a couple of beers and was starting to feel its effects as I ran down the corridors. Needles to say I made it to my flight.

David was supposed to pick me up, but we had a bit of a misunderstanding about the time so I was left waiting for him for around an hour. It was alright though, I was just glad to be back and see good old friends again. We went off to meet up with Dale and Yeng in Eastwood and we had a round of drinks on me. We swapped some stories, had a good laugh and called in a night. Got home half an hour after midnight.

All in all, it was a very good day.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hay sayang, my sister and bro in law was in eastwood that same night. they went there to meet up with my sister's bestfriend, sayang sana napakilala na kita. hehehehe

vistan said...

hmmm... baka naman you purposely forgot na andun pala yung bestfriend ng sister mo hehehe

chicks!!!!

Anonymous said...

haha hindi noh! sayang nga eh.. would have been nice if you were able to meet her. malay mo... ;)

Anonymous said...

"...I also made a few phone calls since I hade a little less than 50 SGD worth of calls on my prepaid card..."

kilala ko kung sinong tinawagan mo mula sa airport... yihee...