Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Military Organization

I have not been to war in the longest time, and JM suggested that buy some war books to keep me from going crazy. He also suggested learning military “strategy and shit” so that we can apply it when I go back home.

I am all for reading and learning more about military tactics and troop movements to improve my game, but I am a bit reluctant to taking on a leadership role with the troops. Mind you, I am not shying away from leading troops into battle and I highly value the leadership skills and traits that I may acquire during these exercises. It is just that I do not feel ready for the task as yet.

I’ve taken on the squad leader role when playing games like Close Combat series and Full Spectrum Warrior and I’ve gotten a lot of good soldiers killed or injured unnecessarily.

It was agreed upon by my squad mates that we would be rotating the commanding role in the field. This is a good way for exercising the necessary skills we all need as a leader and improve ourselves as an operator. But despite that arrangement, we have identified key positions that we would be “assigned” to, based on our personal disposition and interests.

Bernard will be our designated sniper.
JM will be the support/heavy gunner.
Verchie will be the assault rifleman.
That leaves me to be the squad leader (plus whatever firepower I can bring: rifleman or designated marskman).

Bernard is the loner type, JM just wants to “git some” and Verchie just assaults everything he sees, which leaves me as the "level-headed" guy coordinating all this firepower. Oh boy, I guess it’s time to read all the military doctrine I’ve stashed on my laptop.

1 comments:

socs said...

stick to the ones in your laptop for now...I wouldnt recommend buying them there..unless you're having them shipped..and unless its something you cant get here at home (at a cheaper price).

pampabigat sa maleta hehehe.