Wednesday, March 18, 2009

still here

I started going back to the gym yesterday. Its probably more than a couple of weeks since I last worked out due to the colds/flu. I still have the sniffles, but I figured I needed to get back to the gym.

From what I remember I may have weighed 158lbs prior to getting sick, I am around 152lbs right now. I haven't weighed in using the same scale so I figure I lost a good 5 to 8 pounds over that time frame. I definitely noticed that loss (I don't look intimidating anymore), and I feared that I may have dropped my strength levels as well.

Somehow I had a pretty decent workout (chest and abs) and was surprised that I may not have lost a lot of strength. I took it relatively easy, but I was able to bench the 60lbs dumbells without a problem. Watch out 100lbs dumbells.... you're going to be next hehehe

Overall I'm relieved and assured that I can gain back that lost weight by going back to the gym regularly. Perfect timing as summer is just right around the corner!

0 comments: