Thursday, March 19, 2009

Pet gym peeve #2

2 days ago I went back to the gym after being sidelined for a couple of weeks. I was really looking forward to working out again.

After doing a couple of exercises, I went to one of the machines for a third exercise and laid down my water bottle to get some weights. At the corner of my eye a saw a guy carrying a couple of plates to the machine, it was apparent that he was using it. So I sheepishly asked if he was using it and excused myself.

Normally this should be ok, but this guy didn't seem to like the fact that I wanted to use the same machine. No smile, no "It's ok", nothing but a semi-pissed off look like I was stealing his stuff. He could have offered me to alternate with him, as any good natured person would. In fact I myself aternated with 3 different people on 2 different machines on that day. No sense in hogging a machine when everyone is there to workout.

And speaking of hogging the machine, when I decided to do a different exercise I saw the same guy still sitting on the machine talking to a friend.... after I've done 2 exercises already. And I don't believe he has even started yet as he was not sweating or breathing heavy. Talk about gym etiquette.

0 comments: