Monday, May 08, 2006

letters and words

As I was reading a book given to me by a friend on my birthday, I realized that the list of books I am supposed to read has just gotten longer. Although I do not consider myself a bookworm or even an avid reader, I do have a wishlist on the books that I want to read.

I was currently reading “Patriot Games” by Tom Clancy, and the initial plan was to read all of the Jack Ryan series books in chronological sequence. Although I have read most of the books in the series, including “Patriot Games” (PG), I have not read them in any particular order since I have mostly borrowed the books from friends or from the library (yes, I did go to the library to borrow books). This plan was also an opportunity to have a copy of each of the books and start on my own library. Although I have not been able to read much of PG since I have the hardbound version so it’s a bit cumbersome to read during the busy commute to and from work.

Then last Friday I had a nice surprise and got a book that puts a spin on Sun Tzu’s view of waging war. I started reading a few pages as soon as I got it and was planning to read this and a little pocket sized version of Sun Tzu’s “The Art of War”.

But then again, someone gave me “Immediate Action” by Andy McNab. I am hoping I can finish it quickly so I can continue on with reading all the other stuff I’m supposed to read. It looks to be a good read though so that’s good… but it was written by an English bloke so the humor and the slang are a bit difficult to understand at times hehehe

0 comments: