Tuesday, November 15, 2005

double tap

Being without war for around 3 months has made me a bit looney. The troops and I met up last Sunday to play a few hours of SWAT4. Although it was nice to get into warring mode (even if it was just via a computer game), my trigger finger was still itchy since the point of the game is to subdue the suspects without killing them. So either you use non-lethal weapons or storm the place screaming "Police! Put your weapon down!" or something to that effect. Of course we did shoot some bad guys when needed, but it wasn't enough for me. Read JM's entry, it pretty much sums up how you feel throughout the "experience".

Recently, I have been imagining myself walking towards a suspect, pull out my gun... BLAM! BLAM! two shots in the chest... BLAM! BLAM! another two in the head for good measure. The bad guy goes down, still I keep pointing my weapon. I circle about making sure he really is down... hostage secured, mission complete. I safe and holster my weapon.

I need real warring soon as I need to get this out of my system (to some extent hehehe). Plus, I am looking forward to a live fire exercise whenever the occasion may arise.

On a side note: the entry on the Bohol R&R trip will be up soon. I will be getting more pics and the itenerary today, so the actual entry won't be far off. Apologies for the delay.

4 comments:

socs said...

bakit "double tap" ?

vistan said...

yun yung two consecutive shots on the same target, made by "tapping" the trigger twice... hence the term "double tap" :P

shet, ang sarap ng feeling nun!

Anonymous said...

war!!!

socs said...

haha! magkaibigan nga kayo :p