Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Bohol Vacation: Part I

Finally I got all the pictures and the itinerary of my recent Bohol trip and I can now write a long overdue entry about it. So here goes:

The night before the flight was a bit of a mess for me. I was already feeling sick for a couple of days so I decided to hitch a ride with an officemate, but he was out watching a movie. To make the long story short, we left for home later than I preferred and got home at around 1am. Time was of the essence since I had to be at Ven’s place to hitch a ride to the airport, but I still haven’t packed my stuff and I desperately needed rest. Miraculously, I packed my bag in record time and I think I got a couple of hours of sleep before taking a cab to Ven’s.

We had a quick breakfast and headed off to the airport. Despite being relatively early, there was a long queue to get in. We trudged along until we were finally in the waiting lounge. I think I kinda looked like an idiot wearing jeans, 2 shirts, a jacket and a cap knowing that we were going on a vacation that spells “sun and surf”. But I had to retain my body heat and “force” my body back to health, I was taking no chances. I took in as much time as I could to rest, overdosing on Vitamin C and drinking a whole lot of fluids. Luckily(?), the plane was delayed due to a couple of passengers being late. I didn’t really care, it gave me 30 more minutes of sleep.

The bad news was that because of the delayed flight, we were not able to get on the boat to Bohol from Cebu as our initial plan. So we had to wait at the pier for the next scheduled trip. We passed the time playing scrabble and watching a couple of movies, but I was itching to get the traveling over with and get some “real” rest.

Fortunately, we had no more delays and got to Tagbilaran, Bohol by 3pm. When we got to Nobs’ place, we had merienda, some chit-chat with Nobs’s parents and stashed our bags.

first night in BoholPosted by Hello


The following day was supposed to be the first day of sight seeing, as we planned to pass by some tourist places on our way to the Lagunay farm where we would be spending the night. We stopped by the Blood Compact site, said to be the site of the first pact between the locals and the Spanish explorers when they arrive a long long time ago, then off to Baclayon Church, the oldest stone church in the Philippines.

fooling aroundPosted by Hello


Baclayon Church bell towerPosted by Hello


Then we had lunch on the Loboc River cruise where we also saw the very unique tarsier. Man, those animals rock! They’re the cutest little things you will ever see, and we were up close and personal with the animals. To bad we weren’t allowed to touch them.

Loboc riverPosted by Hello


tarsier!Posted by Hello


watcha lookin' at bitch?Posted by Hello


This is getting too long. Another entry is in order...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

parang may kulang sa mga pictures...picture yata ng tarsier yun eh..hehehe =P

Anonymous said...

hindi ba ikaw yung nasa puno? :D Joke lang.. like i said before, i'll say it again.. poor tarsiers, OT yan! aga aga nangbubulahaw.. haha nakaka relate ako sa tarsiers, nocturnal creatures :P