Tuesday, January 06, 2009

EBC

My not so recent hike up Mt. Pulag and the preparations for the upcoming hike to Anawangin Cove have somehow rekindled my love for climbing mountains and intensified my feelings for going outdoors.

I am hoping I can sustain this "craving" throughout the year and onwards... with perhaps a final goal of reaching Everest Base Camp. I know what you're thinking "Why not the summit?"... well for one thing I am not a mountaineer. I just love the outdoors. And another is logistics, both time and money. Done a few basic research and its gonna cost me. I know my limits, the peak of Mt. Everest is definitely out of mine.

So I'd go for the base camp. Expeditions to EBC are relatively common and satisfies a lot of what I want: get up close and personal to Mt. Everest, visit Nepal, do some hiking and picture taking. Maybe when I get there I'd get summit fever and push forward?

0 comments: