Wednesday, September 03, 2008

getting back in shape

Ever since I got back from US, I have been greeted with comments such as "You've lost weight!" or "Man, you're shrinking!" and even "Dude, your dark!" (from my skin color hehe). And I do see and feel that I've lost weight... not just weight, but my muscle mass.

A couple of months not going to the gym and the stress of work does that to you. So now I am back to the gym with a new trainer trying to regain all the hard work I've put in. First few sessions was painful. It has been a long time since I got that burn. It doesn't feel good.... but at least I know it brings with it the thought that I will get in shape again.

Good thing about working out hard again is that my appetite is coming back. I need to eat a lot in order to work out, but the problem with me is I don't eat a lot if I don't work out. And I can't work out hard enough if I don't eat. That is where the trainer comes in. You are forced to work out since you have an appointment to make, and the fact that you paid for it.

So I will be in a lot of pain for the next month or so until I get back to my peak, which is all good. But my wallet is getting a beating as well though hehehe

0 comments: