Tuesday, July 15, 2008

surfing dreams

I wasn't really in the mood to work yesterday (as usual), so I decided to go on the Net (as usual) and check out possible things to do for a possible sabbatical from work.

I have more or less set my mind up for at least a couple of weeks of surfing. Simply living the life of a surfer, with no hassles... just plain old hanging out and surfing. It should of course be economical in terms of transportation, food, lodging and gear (rent or buy, that is the question). Living local is probably a viable option. Rent a room or apartment (rather than a resort), cook your own food (or local carinderia), rent a board (or buy one, whatever is cheaper in the long run) and hitch a ride with my parents (they are also looking at going on a vacation)

As I was researching, I came across a blog which more or less what I had in mind. Living local in Siargao. I was almost in tears... that's my dream! I want that kind of life!

I did find a place that was relatively cheap, and I could use some of my NWA miles to buy my plane tickets. It would now simply be a matter of buying and tranporting a surfboard or simply renting it. Miscellaneous tranportation, food and supplies cost. And of course the timing...

I haven't really considered this completely (cost vs feasibility), I just might as soon as I get back home.

2 comments:

Grace said...

OMG that would be the ultimate goal! You and socs should go with me on a surf trip to South America!!! I thought you were thinking of visiting LA? Let me know so we can surf!

vistan said...

It was supposed to be this week but had problems with schedule and work. I am heading back home Aug 6... maybe I can re-schedule for a couple of days surfing? how's the weather there now?

Surf safari!