Wednesday, February 07, 2007

new horizons

Early this morning I received a forwarded email from a colleague of mine indicating her mandatory 30 day notice for her resignation. I knew about it for some time, and I must say that I'm glad for her with this new opportunity (and a bit jealous partly because of the nature of the work).

I wondered if I would have the guts to do it when the time came for me. Although I have expressed my current discontent about work recently and that it has given me (and Socs) a fair amount of stress, it would be hard for me to leave. I've made a lot of good friends here, and I do enjoy working with most of them. The people here are fun and I can relate to a lot of them not just about work but also about life, dreams and ambitions. We have dreamt about being assigned onsite together as a group and wonder how fun it would be, work and all.

But we all have to move on to greater heights at some point in time. It was her time now. As for me, I shouldn't be having reservations about things like this... not now. Not before tomorrow...

0 comments: