Monday, January 16, 2006

fit as a warrior

I have finished the 15-day training just as 2006 started, and I must say that I am feeling great. The first week was pure hell though. My arms hurt so much, I couldn't lift them past my shoulders. They were so pumped, it was painful just to stretch them. Imagine the pain I went through getting dressed, or putting on my backpack. I felt and looked bigger, but I was having doubts if it were real muscle mass or just water retention or the muscles were just full of blood. I didn't dare step on the weighting scale and dissappoint myself if i didn't gain anything.

After the first week everything subsided, I felt less of the pump during the day. I thought that was it... the mass I "gained" was not muscle. I didn't feel any bigger or heavier. On the weighting scale, I slid the weights to the right. Up to 100lbs. Then 120lbs. 125lbs. Then 130lbs, that can't be right I was 125lbs before. 135lbs, no shit? Finally, 137lbs.

137lbs! I gained a whopping 12lbs in 2 weeks. That shot my motivation through the roof! I couldn't wait to go to the gym after work hehehe.

I continued my routine (until my trip to Cyprus) and although I haven't gained more weight in the past week, I do feel stronger and bigger. And some people did notice it, which makes me feel great. I know that all that I've been doing had been for something, that there are results and it is being validated.

I though of posting a picture of my new found physique but that would be too narcissistic, even for me. I am currently in a bet with some officemates and I am targetting 150lbs by April.

Then maybe by then I will post a pic. Hehehe

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

baka kaya nag overweight ang luggage mo kasi nagdala ka ng dumbles, weighing scale, power shakes etc pa cyprus.. LOL!

vistan said...

shake lang dala ko noh... damn 2 kilos din yun.. haaay

socs said...

jeng..palagay ko may dalang pic mo na naka frame e...ndi ko pa nahahalungkat...hanapin ko nga...
hahaha :p

Unknown said...

after ko mabasa ung blog mo, si johnny bravo na tuloy ung image mo saken... hahaha... =)