Friday, May 13, 2005

adOPTION

I received a surprise call no less than 30 mins ago... it was from an old friend, actually from a surrogate mother of sorts.

She's a family friend, the owner of the school I attended in Cebu while my family stayed there for a few years. And she "adopted" me for a year during my, we could say, "formative" years.

You see, she and her husband don't have kids. She really does adore children, and perhaps the main reason she set up a school (I haven't really asked her about that). I was luck enough to be part of the first batch ever of her school, which was actually her home. It has now grown up to a college level institution patterned after the school system of the US, requiring a new building in Cebu.

I accidentally bumped into her some months back at the lobby of our office building. Coincidentally, they have also set up an office in the same building where I work. And this time its for the graduate courses. We've kept in touch and shared a few stories since then.

The phonecall, was about her offering me a job. Actually asking me to work for her (which I perceive to be 2 quite different ideas) . I am quite happy with my current job, and I feel that my career development is getting somewhere.

She also texted me the possiblity of being adopted of sorts (again).

Maybe she forgot that I just turned 24?

0 comments: