Thursday, January 24, 2008

pull

In line with Soc's updated blog, I'd like to update this here blog of mine with a new entry. I just came back from a long weekend of wakeboarding in CWC!

I enjoyed the trip thoroughly, the place was wonderful! Really world class facilities, food was good, and the prices were just right. I highly commend Governor Lray Villafuerte on his initiative on this endeavor.

I had initially set some personal goals regarding the trip. I knew that we had to kneeboard for the first few runs to get a feel of how the cable systems work, but I was confident I would be able to do a whole lap on a kneeboard. (Luckily I was not humiliated in this regard) Then it was on to the wakeboard.

We only tried the simple boards they had for rent (not LiquidForce boards), which was pretty much a simple wakeboard with slip on straps (not actual bindings, which are like boots). Naturally the first few runs I fell flat on my face... or on my side or on my back, I was all over the place. After a few spills (right in front of professional wakeboarders I might add), I was able to get my balance and stand up for a brief moment. I then progressed to reaching the first set of obstacles , which I duely avoided by the way.

I initially figured it was a fluke and kept my head down on trying to get the wakeboarding thing down. I got another good ride and reached halfway to the second set of obstacles, and then the cable operator told us it was our last ride (on the 1 hour session). I got myself composed and took off. At least I did not waste the last ride wiping out, I thought... then I got halfway to the second obstables figuring I was going to wipe out big time. I was a bit suprised I went further, way further.

The corner was coming up, I thought "Shit, I'm going down for sure". I kept to the right, and got past the corner! Nice! That was quite easy, I thought. Then bam! Down I went halway to the second corner. I had a big smile on my face.
Last ride, best ride.

My second day was similar in some ways. A few wipe outs and a few good rides, I think I managed to get past the second corner once. I was satisfied, despite not reaching my goal of riding one of the obstacle hehehe. I had a feeling I wouldn't be able to do a whole lap on a wakeboard so I resorted to riding an obstacle (twisted logic eh?). Alas I didn't have the balls to do it. I don't blame myself either, it was scary as hell... and dangerous too. I'm just glad to have gotten a few good rides.

ending a day of wakeboarding fun

0 comments: