Thursday, September 24, 2009

Fitness Log #10

Day 9: Sept 23, 2009
Squats - 5x5@60kgs
Overhead Press - 5x5@40kgs
Deadlifts - 1x5@75kgs
Chin-ups - 3xF(15, 10?, 8?) @Bodyweight only
Prone Bridges - 3x30sec

Performed all exercises with no shoes.... not because I wanted to but because I left them at home. I have read articles about the benefits of doing squats (and pretty much all exercises) barefoot. They actually felt great! I was firmly planted to the floor and easily performed the exercises. I was cautioned by the gym staff about being barefoot but only careless people get weights dropped on their feet. Besides if a 25Kg plate falls on your foot, do shoes matter?

I was a little overwhelmed with the OHP, I decided to jump the weight and match Jason (in fact I was supposed to do workout A). But it felt good, the weight was just on my limit (failure came at 5th rep on 4th and 5th set).

Yeng joined us and it is nice to find out how a girl matches up with the program. Her squats went fairly well (could probably improve on the form), same with the OHP. Deadlift form was good considering it was her first time. Forget about pullups though... hehehe

Milk intake is not as much as I would have expected, kinda slacking off a bit. But I make it a point to drink around 3 glasses a day.

0 comments: